Kirsty Gilmour is a Scottish badminton player. Representing both Scotland and Great Britain since 2008, Kirsty is a repeat medalist at both the Commonwealth games and the European Games and became an Olympian in 2016 after competing at the Rio Olympics.
In this episode we speak about:
- The value of hard work and how her hard work mentality has brought her to where she is today
- How she had to learn the hard way that comments on social media (both good and bad) can have a huge impact on your performance as an athlete
- The difficulties of competing and traveling the world to competitions by yourself
- The importance of working on your mental game and mindset
- How to maintain a proportional work-life balance
Enjoy the episode!
Don’t forget to subscribe to our podcast on your favorite podcast app so that you can stay up to date every time we release a new episode!
Here is where you can follow Kirsty and her continued badminton journey: