Cherelle Thompson is a professional swimmer from Trinidad & Tobago. Cherelle, who is currently preparing for the Tokyo Olympics, was a 2x NCAA All-American at the University of Tennessee and has broken both national Trinidad & Tobago records and regional Caribbean records.
In this episode we speak about:
- Her childhood dream of competing at the Olympic Games and the crazy journey that would eventually lead to her qualifying for the Tokyo Olympics
- The importance of surrounding yourself with the right people, especially when you face adversity and need encouragement to keep going and stay positive
- The major impact sports can have on our lives
- How Cherelle today works as a mentor for young aspiring athletes worldwide
- Her own infant swim school back home in Trinidad & Tobago, called Aquasense
- How she’s very passionate about giving back to the younger generation and wants to inspire them the same way that others inspired her when she was a kid
Enjoy the episode!
Don’t forget to subscribe to our podcast on your favorite podcast app so that you can stay up to date every time we release a new episode!
Here is where you can follow Cherelle and her continued swimming journey: